When designing a keto diet menu for beginners, you want to focus on healthy, hearty and simple recipes that can be made in a pinch. Few things are more beginner friendly than a frittata. Eggs, cream, cheese, and a few extras are all you need for this bacon and spinach frittata. The bacon is salty, crispy and gives the frittata a mouthwatering smoky flavor, the spinach is packed with folate, vitamin C, niacin, you get calcium from both kinds of cheese plus a serving will keep you full for hours. Make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and save any leftovers to enjoy the following day. The frittata tastes great warm, at room temperature or even cold.
- 5-6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the bacon into a large pan.
- Cook over medium heat until crispy.
- Place onto paper towels to drain then crumble the bacon. Set aside.
- Sauté the spinach in the bacon drippings until wilted.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and add the heavy cream. Whisk.
- Add both kinds of cheese, the bacon, and spinach. Whisk again.
- Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Melt the butter in the pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour the frittata mixture into the pan and let cook for 3 minutes or until set.
- Flip then transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.