A classic recipe on the list of the best paleo recipes for dinner is definitely garlic lemon chicken. The garlic is pungent and infuses every inch of the chicken as it marinates while the lemon adds brightness to the recipe as well as a mouthwatering aroma that makes you want to dig in. If you’re looking for paleo recipes for weight loss, this chicken is great because it is all protein. Protein both reduces hunger and has a positive effect on body composition. In fact, increasing your consumption of dietary protein decreases total body fat, increases lean body mass, and boosts the body’s energy expenditure. Just serve with a paleo side dish or greens to complete your meal!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless free-range chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Place into a resealable bag with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, a generous pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Seal the bag and place into the refrigerator to chill for 1-3 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and set any additional marinade aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high.
- Place the chicken into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until nice grill marks develop.
- Flip and cook for an additional three minutes to develop grill marks on the other side.
- Pour the remaining marinade into the pan and scatter the lemon slices over the chicken.
- Place into the oven to cook for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches a safe 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Plate and serve.