Slow cooker turkey chili is one of those keto recipes for dinner you turn to when you’re craving something hearty and packed with bold flavor that doesn’t require a lot of effort. The chili is fragrant, smoky, meaty, is super low carb and the use of dark ground turkey greatly enhances both the flavor and fat content. Despite using a slow cooker, this chili makes it on the list of quick and easy keto dinner recipes because it is literally a dump and go meal. You brown the meat and vegetables really quick, dump all the ingredients into the slow cooker, set it then forget it until dinner time rolls around.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ lbs. dark ground turkey
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with canning liquid
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4-ounce) can fire roasted green chilies with canning liquid
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Diced avocado, optional garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan once the oil is hot.
- Cook the turkey while stirring until brown.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the garlic and onion.
- Cook until softened and fragrant.
- Transfer the turkey, garlic, and onion to your slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
- Cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- Ladle into bowls, top with the avocado if desired and serve.